My Little World

A place to put all of my random life commentary.

Friday, August 11, 2006

Beer Pong

Last night, after several drinks out, a new girl and friend at the office begged this other gal we were out with to go play Beer Pong. The whole notion sounded utterly ridiculous to me, but my husband was coming home from work really late and I didn't have anything else to do but to go home and be by myself, so I went.

Upon arriving at this drinking establishment, we were greeted and directed to sign up. My two friends that were with me decided they didn't want me on their team as they are both competitive and I've never played. Ha. Oh well. Being competitive myself I can understand.

So, back to beer pong. I opted to not play and to watch instead. And boy did I have a lot to watch! My friends were paired up with two women, who we later learned were mother and daughter. They were TERRIBLE people. Oh my gosh. Could they have taken a silly drinking game a little more seriously?!?! They were downright bitchy. I was meanly glad when my friends kicked their ass (actually, it was a close game). But still, they won and that is all that is important.

If you are still wondering what beer pong is all about, I took the liberty of posting the rules. There is an actual National Beer Pong League. I love it! There are actually 14 variations of Beer Pong posted on the National Beer Pong League website.

I am going to highlight EXTREME Beer Pong and a "Deep Thought" by Jack Handey.

Sometimes when I reflect back on all the beer I drink I feel ashamed - Then I look into the glass and think about the workers in the brewery and all of their hopes and dreams. If I didn't drink this beer, they might be out of work and their dreams would be shattered. Then I say to myself, "It is better that I drink this beer and let their dreams come true than be selfish and worry about my liver." -Deep Thought, Jack Handey







Extreme Beer Pong
submitted by the Masoholic
What you need:


26 Cups - 2 Sets of 6 on each side of the table, and two for washing.
3 ping pong balls
4 players

Rules

1. Each player is responsible for the 6 beers in front of him/her.
2. Re-racks occur after each and every made shot.
5 cups remaining - 2 cups in front of three
4 - diamond shape with middle two cups touching
3 - standard triangle
2- one in front of the other
1 - when only one cup out of 12 remains, it goes in the middle of the side of the table.
3. One team starts with two balls, the other team starts with one.
4. Once a team has all three balls, this is what occurs:
1. Team A with all three balls shoots the first ball, if he/she makes one of the cups, the other team must drink it.
2. If while the opposing team member is still drinking the cup, and a player from the shooting team sinks another ball, one ball is given back.
3. If while both opposing players are drinking their cups, and ball number three is shot and sunk, then all three balls are given back. If one player is finished, and the other player is still drinking, and the cup is sunk, then two balls are returned. The way to determine if cups are finished, is whether or not the cup is finished and put on the table. If the cup is not on the table, then the shot is considered good.
5. The most important rule in Extreme Beer Pong - If a player shoots, and the ball bounces off of the table, or any object, or for any reason does not go in the cup, IT IS FULL CONTACT TO GET THE BALL*. So all the pro players, that catch it one bounce after a miss, are rewarded for their drunken hand eye coordination. Those amateurs out there, get penalized. (NOTE: MUST CARRY LARGE SURPLUS OF PONG BALLS FOR GAMES). Once a player has control of the ball, the contact must end, unless of course you really don't like the person. Then do as you wish.
* Note - Players must stay at the end of the table and cannot line up beside it to get a running start. This is considered cheating and offenders should be beaten.

Losing team drinks extra beer, and REFILLS PITCHER FOR NEXT GAME. Winning team gets two pong balls in beginning of next game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home